On January 26, 2012, NADO, in collaboration with EDA, IEDC, and the U.S. Chamber’s BCLC, hosted a webinar to provide preliminary guidance on the funding priorities and requirements for EDA’s Fiscal Year 2012 federal appropriations of $200 million for long-term disaster recovery. Communities in counties with major FEMA disaster designations in FY 2011 will be considered eligible under this opportunity.
The webinar also featured three case studies from Denny Coleman, Tish Hass Williams, and Janet Thigpen, and an overview of available post-disaster recovery resources from IEDC and RestoreYourEconomy.org.
Click Here to watch the entire presentation. (Windows Media Player)
- Joshua Barnes, Disaster Recovery Coordinator, EDA (pdf)
- Denny Coleman, President & CEO, St. Louis County Economic Council (pdf)
- Tish Hass Williams, Executive Director, Hancock County Chamber of Commerce (pdf)
- Janet Thigpen, Flood Mitigation Specialist, Southern Tier Central Planning & Development Board (pdf)
- Carrie Mulcaire, Senior Economic Development Associate, IEDC