GE commissioned innovation consulting firm StrategyOne to identify drivers and deterrents of innovation and analyze perceptions around innovation opportunities and challenges. Their Global Innovation Barometer 2012 is the result of data collected from nearly 3,000 senior executives in 22 countries. The Barometer explores various dimensions of:
1. Government’s success at allocating the right policies and resources;
2. Innovation in the 21st Centurty; Factors that encourage successful innovation;
3. The current culture of innovation;
4. People and organizations that are driving innovation; and
5. How innovation will improve lives in the next 10 years.
These dimensions can be viewed by both geographic region and by country. The barometer is a valuable tool for representing the multi-dimensional nature of modern innovation.